Effective from August 15, 2020, flag carrier Philippine Airlines will require all passengers to wear face shields, on top of the mandatory face masks, in compliance with the Philippine Department of Transportation’s latest guidelines for the public transport sector.
Passengers are required to wear masks and face shields in all phases of the flight.
Safety remains the cornerstone of PAL’s operations.
The new directive on face shields complements our existing multi-layered safety measures such as:
– the use by our cabin crew of full PPE or Personal Protective Equipment in flight,
– the availability of hand sanitizers on- ground and inflight
– thermal scanning of all passengers
– special inflight service
– installation of protective barriers at airport and ticket office counters
– intensive disinfection of aircraft surfaces using high grade eco-friendly cleaning agents
– high-tech cabin air flow systems to refresh cabin air, and use of HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) Filters to cleanse cabin air of impurities, bacteria and viruses, with 99.99% efficacy.