In the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic, much has been affected and consequently came to a standstill, but we can’t deny the depth of understanding and lessons that people will learn from this experience. Sooner than later, we will face the world with bare faces and big smiles again.
The whole of Palawan is in a modified general community quarantine and the municipality of El Nido continues to implement preventive measures in order to contain the spread of COVID-19. At present, travelers are inquiring not only for their interest to book but also conscious of the safety efforts at the destination.
Ten Knots Development Corporation (TKDC) is a company that is steadfast in prioritizing the well-being of its guests, employees, and its community, all the while encompassing its commitment to the safety of everyone coming in and staying at any El Nido Resorts (ENR) and Lio Estate Resorts (LER). Not only known for its green practices, both ENR and LER are also recognized for the level of comfort, privacy, and unmatched experience they provide to all of their guests – with its direct and less than an hour flights to El Nido in a private airport, remote and low-density islands and beach clubs, and availability of resort doctors and medical facilities following international health and safety standards.
As you prepare to travel and rediscover El Nido, the company recognizes its duty to enhanced care through the Be GREEN, Be Clean commitment. Its four pillars– Safe Facilities, Enhanced Housekeeping, Healthy Community, and GREEN & Clean Experience – serve to ensure the welfare of our employees and guests alike. These guidelines follow the latest available standards set by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Tourism (DOT) in the Philippines.
The enhanced care guest journey begins with their flight to El Nido via AirSwift – the first airline to install in-seat barriers that will help minimize the possibility of droplet transmission from passengers beside or behind.
Once landed, guests will go through this 9-step journey:
- Arrival at Lio airport where safety signages will be present in most visible areas, seats will be sanitized, and PPEs will be worn by representatives at all times.
- The guests will transfer via shuttle service to the new Care Lounge, while observing physical distancing with seating limited to one person per row. There will be a safety divider between the driver and guests, and luggage will be handled and transported separately.
- Once the guests arrive at the Care Lounge for check-in, airport representatives will assist them as they enter where foot bath, hand sanitation, and thermal scanning will be required. ENR guests can check-in via QR code using their smartphones and they need to present their valid ID with photo and signature. A similar process is followed for LER guests but check-in is done at their respective resorts after proper sanitation at the lounge.
- After completing their check-in requirements, guests will then be assisted for transfers to their respective resorts. For those staying in the islands, they will be provided with a sanitized life jacket which they can use for the duration of their stay. The allowable number of guests per boat will only be a maximum of 8. Hand sanitizers and fresh towels will be available on the boats where seat markers are placed to observe physical distancing. For guests staying at Lio Beach, designated shuttle services will take you from the Care Lounge to your resort.
- All resort entry points are equipped with foot bath and hand sanitizers. LER guests will find their disinfected luggage at the lobby while for ENR, these will be delivered to each guest room’s doorstep.
- Both ENR and LER will sell rooms up to 50% maximum capacity only. Sanitation kits will be available upon request and there will be a dedicated housekeeping staff wearing full PPE for each room. Make up room and turn down service are discontinued for the time being in compliance with DOT guidelines; however, used linens, towels and dining utensils may be replaced.
- Buffet offerings are replaced with pre-set or a la carte meals, and will only be available through in-room dining. Safe food handling will be observed following DOH’s guidelines. Regular disinfection of F&B facilities will be implemented, and restaurant/kitchen staff will be wearing PPEs at all times.
- Private, low-density tours, and a dedicated Marine Sports Guide per boat will be offered to guests for leisure & recreation. Spas and main pools will be temporarily closed; while gym-use will be by appointment only.
- The check-out process will be via email where a digital folio will be sent to the guests the evening prior departure; so that, they have more time to take in the beautiful scenery the next day. Several cashless payment options will be made available at the front desk where key cards will be dropped and immediately sanitized.
As we continue to journey onwards, challenges will be faced and much will feel different, but what remains unchanged is our motivation to innovate and champion efforts to ensure that we are still able to travel safely and with peace of mind. With new vigor and new inspiration, we look forward to welcoming you back to the most beautiful place in the world.
About El Nido Resorts
El Nido Resorts is a group of eco-resorts located in the municipalities of El Nido and Taytay in Palawan, Philippines. Beginning operations in 1979, the resorts offer genuine local hospitality and unique and enriching experiences amidst the beautiful natural landscape. The group is currently comprised of Miniloc, Lagen and Pangulasian Island Resorts in El Nido, and Apulit Island Resort in Taytay. El Nido Resorts has been blessed with being situated in an area of high biodiversity and so stewardship is exercised over the flourishing environment, stressing the importance of preserving nature to all who visit.
Instagram: @elnidoresorts | FB: El Nido Resorts
About Lio Tourism Estate
Lio Tourism Estate is Ayala Land’s first tourism estate located in the paradise of El Nido, Palawan, masterplanned as an integrated resort community with hotels and resorts, commercial establishments, residential communities, amenities and facilities for eco-adventure and leisure travelers. The 325-hectare development is guided by the principles of sustainability and inclusive growth, ensuring the least impact to the environment while benefiting the local community.
Instagram: @lioelnido | FB: Lio Beach
About Be G.R.E.E.N. (Guard, Respect, Educate El Nido)
Be GREEN started out as an environmental education program in 1999 aimed at teaching conservation to Ten Knots staff in the context of their work and personal lives. It eventually expanded to include nature interpretation trainings, community outreach, youth camps, and essentially any and all projects undertaken by Ten Knots’ Environment and Sustainability Department.
Instagram: @enrbegreen | FB: El Nido Resorts – Be GREEN