The Department of Trade and Industry, chair of the Philippine Halal Export Development and Promotion Board will conduct the 3rd Philippine National Halal Conference on 24-25 November 2020 via Zoom with the theme “Developing Competitive Halal Certification Bodies and MSMEs for the Philippine Halal Industry”.
This year’s conference aims to promote Halal as a business strategy, expand linkages with local and international networks, and promote cultural appreciation of the Halal both as a concept and as a way of life.
Activities during the conference are the following:
- Conference Proper: member agencies of the board will update and discuss ongoing initiatives and/or programs covering various topics on Halal Products, Services (including Islamic Finance and Muslim friendly tourism), and Marketing Innovation.
- 3rd Ulama (Muslim Scholars) Online Assembly: an avenue for the Muslim Scholars to align efforts on the general application of the term Halal with specific reference to Islamic dietary laws.
- Online B2B meeting and Networking Activity: assists Halal exporters to network with international Halal communities.
- Halal Export Opportunities for MSMEs: increases awareness on the principles and fundamentals of Halal as a business strategy to maximize the potentials of the Halal market and promote cultural appreciation of the Halal both as a concept and as a way of life
- Virtual Halal Training for PH Halal Certifying Bodies: harmonizes Philippine National Standards for Halal to international standards.
“The 3rd Halal Conference focuses on two fronts. Developing several Halal certification bodies in the country, as this supports the second front, getting more MSMEs to manufacture and export Halal-certified products and services. We hope that the Halal conference and business matching missions will bridge MSMEs and international markets,” said DTI Undersecretary Abdulgani Macatoman.
Interested participants may register through bit.ly/3rdHalalConference.
For more information, you may reach our designated focal person, Mr. Datubimban P. Pangonotan, through email at email@example.com.